World Spine Day
- Try Tai Chi, Yoga or Pilates. These forms of exercise helps to stretch the spine, get the body moving and helps build up muscle and core strength along with joint flexibility.
- Take regular stretch breaks at work or whilst studying. Change up your posture as much as possible. Include incidental movements to find reasons to get out of your chair e.g. move the printer or bin away from your desk, get up when you’re on the phone or have a ‘walking’ meeting. If you have been in one position for 30 minutes it is recommended that you take a break for 2 minutes.
- Lift properly. Use your hips and knees instead of using your back. Try and keep your load close to you and avoid twisting your body while holding any heavy items.
- If you’re struggling to fit in regular sports or exercise try and find ways in your everyday habits to get more active. This could include parking further away from your workplace, take the stairs instead of the lift, commute to work / train station by cycling or during ad breaks get up and do simple exercises like squats, star jumps or even a quick walk around the house.
- Get regular adjustments with your chiropractor to ensure that your body is functioning at its optimum potential.
Get In Touch
We are conveniently located in Noble Park servicing South Eastern Melbourne suburbs such as: Keysborough, Cranbourne, Springvale, Dandenong, Carrum Downs, Chelsea, Aspendale Gardens, Springvale, Officer, Berwick, Pakenham, Eumemmerring, Doveton, Patterson Lakes, Hampton Park, Mulgrave, Clayton, Braeside, Dingley, Hallam and Sandhurst.